Vacany - Resident Entrepreneur / Incubation Director
If you’re an entrepreneur who has a strong business support record, entrepreneurial background and, preferably, experience in the Manufacturing Engineering and Technology (MET) sector - and are looking for your next move, we’re interested in talking to you.
The Launchpad Centre at CEME offers business support, advice and coaching to start-up and early stage businesses based on our campus in Rainham, Essex. The Launchpad Centre is a newly refurbished high specification workspace for tech businesses in Havering, East London. The £350k building refurbishment was funded by The Greater London Authority’s (GLA) London Regeneration Fund and The London Borough of Havering Council (LBH).
Opened in February 2017, The Launchpad Centre is a micro business accelerator – an open and collaborative environment for small businesses that offers co-working space and small offices on affordable, flexible terms for 30-40 start-ups and early stage businesses.
CEME, GLA and LBH are looking for a part-time (0.6 FTE) Resident Entrepreneur to provide accessible coaching, mentoring, advice and guidance to Launchpad Centre customers with the objective of accelerating their growth, creating jobs and strengthening the London Riverside Opportunity Area (LROA) economy and reputation.
For our first Resident Entrepreneur, here’s what we’re looking for:
· You have a very specific idea of what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur, based on your experience, and you’re excited to share this experience with others.
· You have expertise preferably in one of CEME’s target sectors (manufacturing, engineering, technology, specialist construction and intelligent transport) either from personal experience or you have provided business support to these sectors.
· You have a passion for success with your finger on the pulse of the start-up community in London and The Thames Gateway and are able to mobilise your network to find the top start-ups and founders in your ecosystem.
You’ll report CEME’s Commercial Director. You’ll have three specific responsibilities:
1. Find the best tech entrepreneurs solving real-world problems
· You'll help CEME develop within our target sector in order to attract the best MET businesses to CEME.
· You’ll create strong relationships with tenants, local partners and communities for benefit of CEME and The London Riverside Opportunity Area (LROA).
2. Improve entrepreneurs’ ability to succeed
· You’ll play a leading role in developing entrepreneurial potential, serving as a strategic advisor to Launchpad Centre customers.
· You’ll advise on CEME’s programming, integrating lessons you’ve learned; ensuring that we are giving the best entrepreneurs what they need to succeed.
· You’ll work with the Commercial Director to recruit a community of customers and investors that will find value in meeting entrepreneurs in the Launchpad Centre and helping these businesses scale up faster.
3. Draw in, run and measure effectiveness of the best activities
· You’ll work with CEME to lead on the delivery of activities and seminars that appeal most to our Launchpad Centre customers and other businesses in the London Riverside Opportunity Area (LROA).
· You’ll help develop a reputation for CEME and the LROA as a pre-eminent location for tech-related events outside of Shoreditch.
· Attend local meet-ups, seminars, and industry focused initiatives to drive a culture of thought leadership from CEME
· The new Resident Entrepreneur / Incubation Director will seek to support MET sector entrepreneurs who are not tenants of The Launchpad Centre but have the potential for growth through an accelerator competition, which will include on line training, workshops and start-up coaching that will focus on the development of the business model, market and customer testing and building a robust business plan and financial route map for the new business idea.
4. Deliver agreed outputs with the project partners
· You’ll measure, monitor and deliver outputs versus previously agreed milestones to keep the CEME Launchpad Project on track.
· You’ll assess the business support activities and interventions to benchmark their impact on business growth.
· You’ll capture progress of businesses and report developments and achievements to the Project Board.
What's in it for you?
We want to help you build the network that will help you find the next big thing in your career. You’ll work with dozens of entrepreneurs all of whom could benefit from your experience. If you’re someone who has a strong business support record, entrepreneurial background and, preferably, experience in the Manufacturing Engineering and Technology (MET) sector and are wondering, “what’s next for me?” this might be a great fit.
We want to give you a chance share your experience! If you love helping others and teaching them to avoid the mistakes you made along the way, we’d love to pay you to do it.
- Strong track record in delivering business support
- Entrepreneurial background
- Experience in the manufacturing, engineering and technology sector, or experience in providing business support to these sector
- SFEDI accreditation (preferable but not essential)
Location: CEME Launchpad Centre, Marsh Way, Rainham, Essex RM13 8EU
Hours: 0.6 FTE / 3 days per week
Salary: Consideration will be given to applicants looking to work on an employed (PAYE) basis or, alternatively, under a suppler agreement on a day rate. Please provide an indication of your salary expectations in your covering letter.
Applications: Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
« All News Articles