The Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (CEME) is a stunning world-class research, business support, education and training campus located in East London.
With a focus on supporting the engineering, manufacturing and technology sector, CEME brings together a range of organisations to deliver education, training and skills for students at school and college, and local businesses.
The CEME Campus is situated on the A13 in Rainham, close to both Canary Wharf and the M25. Part of a £400m regeneration programme in East London, CEME was established in 2003 to provide skills, create jobs and businesses that are revitalising London’s industrial heartland. CEME is a UK registered charity and part of the London Thames Gateway Regeneration Scheme working in collaboration with public and private sector partners.
Our Vision is to be the catalyst at the heart of a technology corridor in the London Thames Gateway driving the contribution that engineering and manufacturing make to the London economy: delivering growth in business and skills for the local economy.
The Mission of CEME is to promote economic growth and regeneration in the Thames Gateway area through the provision of outstanding facilities and the promotion and delivery of engineering and manufacturing education, skills and support via:
- Schools programmes
- 14-19 provision of learning and education
- Employer apprenticeships
- Employer skills and training
- Innovation Centre space and business support
- Networking and conference centre
The CEME Campus provides a number of core functions:
Property To Let
- Space to rent - offices, workshops and classrooms (D1 Status)
- Business incubation and growth acceleration - the CEME Innovation Centre
Gateway to Skills
- Wide range of business support services
- Business training, coaching and mentoring
CEME Conference Centre
- Unique specialist technology education centre for schools and pupils
- State of the art equipment to engage young people in STEM subjects
- Meetings and events venue
- Exhibition space
HSSMI - The High Speed Sustainable Manufacturing Institute
- University Technical College for 14-19 year olds
- Opening Sep 2013
- A £5m centre focussed on the modelling, deployment and monitoring of manufacturing systems
- Launched 24th July 2012
Delivery of the Vision
CEME is unique in linking education to business, it delivers education at school and college which gives young people the skills they need to enter and survive in the workplace of today and tomorrow. It also delivers to business; providing a well trained workforce to support business growth and ultimately job and wealth creation for the local area.
It really is cradle to grave support, providing flexible, relevant training for any stage of your career.
This mix of private and public sector activities serves to create an amazing offer for the local community – local school children studying GCSEs, apprentices working in local companies and business delegates attending training and seminars in the conference centre.
For more information, please call 020 8596 5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org