Engineering workshop bays to let
- Are you looking for high quality engineering workshop space and equipment to rent?
- Do you want to be based on a world-class education, research and technology campus?
- Do you want to be part of a thriving business community, with access to on-site business support?
- Do you want to be based in an easy to access, East London location, just 15 minutes from both the M25 and City Airport?
If you are looking for engineering workshop bays then we have the facilities for you.
Get the workshop space your business deserves
CEME offers engineering businesses large and small, a high tech and inspiring place for learning and business growth. Home to some of East London’s most exciting manufacturing, engineering and technological (MET) businesses, CEME provides the perfect combination of business support and world class facilities to help your company thrive.
With engineering workshop bays and equipment available from 200 to 5,000 sq ft, all of our modern, self-contained workshops and learning environments are available on flexible 2-5 year terms.
Our engineering workshop space at CEME is perfect for engineering companies and private training providers seeking a managed environment that enables them to focus on their jobs rather than facilities management. Our premium workshop space also features D1 (training and education) planning consent and is scalable, meaning that not matter how fast your business grows, there will always be space for you at CEME.
Our on-site facilities include:
- Engineering workshop stores with tools and equipment available on a shared basis
- Lathes, mills, pillar drills, welding bays, marking out and cutting facilities
- Classrooms with interactive boards and individual PCs
- State-of-the-art Facilities, D1 (training/education use) & B1 (office use) planning consent
- High quality scalable commercial space to help you expand when you need to
- Dedicated IT products and services with onsite support staff and data centre
- Business support, development and consultancy service
- Business coaching and mentoring
- Over 8,000 sq ft of communal areas for meeting, socialising, working and eating
- Access to a café restaurant open six days a week
- 24/7 manned security controlled site with ID swipe card access
- Access to car parking spaces subject to availability
- Ideally-located for Ultra Low Emission Vehicles with a Hydrogen Refuelling Station (HRS) and Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging Points on campus.
If you are looking for the option to hire meeting rooms, training rooms and classrooms without having to commit to increasing your permanent accommodation, then the on-site Conference Centre offers a range of facilities for meetings, training, seminars and CPD events.
Our exceptional IT services include super-fast broadband, onsite servers hosting in our data centre and a knowledgeable IT team to keep you connected and in control of your business at all times. Additionally we have high specification office and classroom space available to let, allowing you to base a number of operations at one site.
Basing your business at CEME can boost your green credentials too. Our commitment to the environment and sustainability has seen the installation of a number of green energy sources on site, including solar and wind power. For businesses running Ultra Low Emission Vehicles, our on-site Hydrogen Refuelling Station (HRS) and Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging Points on campus make running your fleet a breeze.
If location is at the top of your agenda then CEME couldn’t be better placed. We are just 15 minutes from London City Airport, Canary Wharf and Junction 30 of the M25, offering you great transport links throughout East London, Essex and beyond. The 174 bus services the CEME campus seven times per hour and will take you to Dagenham Heathway Underground Station (District Line) in 10 minutes.
Download Workshop Specification Brochure
Our packages ensure your business needs are catered for, so you can spend your time in the workshop without worrying about facilities management.
Your tenancy at CEME includes:
- Business rates
- Water rates
- Utilities (heating/lighting/cooling/electricity/water/drainage)
- 24/7 access via swipe card system
- 24/7 manned security
- Access to a range of tools and equipment available from our engineering workshop stores
- Reception services – meet and greet, franking etc.
- Mail delivery and collection service
- Health and safety advice and guidance
- Free access to networking events and seminars
- Preferential rates on overspill training, conference and meeting rooms.
A Unique Business Community
CEME is here to help your business develop and grow. With top of the range training facilities, a supportive ethos and a unique business community, CEME offers a real home to engineering companies.
Our remit is to regenerate East London’s industrial, manufacturing, engineering and technological heartland. We actively nurture and support our on-site businesses, so that they can innovate, collaborate and grow together. This why when you base your business at CEME, you are not just renting exceptional workshop facilities, you are becoming part of an exceptional community too.
Find out more about business support at CEME
Find out more about the CEME community
Find out more about us
Need extra rooms for training, meetings or other events? Check out the on-site conference centre
Take a look at some of our case studies to find out how some of our other residents have flourished at CEME.
Engineering Workshop Bay Gallery
Take a look around our engineering workshops at CEME.
Get in Touch today
University College London (UCL) Engineering is one of the foremost universities in the world with which CEME is proud to be associated. Having partnered four years ago, CEME and UCL Engineering created a University Technical College called East London UTC (Elutec)
The Manufacturer is the authority on UK manufacturing and engineering. CEME sits on its judging panel for its Manufacturer of the Year Awards programme.
As a Trustee of CEME, the regeneration charity, Loughborough University is a key stakeholder and supported of our activities. Since CEME’s inception in 2003, Loughborough have been part of the company and continue to help grow the organisation today.
The Mayor of London supports our technology business accelerator, The Launchpad Centre
0208 596 5400
CEME Launchpad Centre
0208 596 7050
CEME Innovation Centre
0208 596 5422
CEME Conference Centre
0208 596 5151