5 Simple Ways to Make Your Business More Cyber Secure
About this event
ITF tech are an IT Managed Service Provider, providing IT and cybersecurity services throughout Essex and East London for over 15 years.
This year has seen an unprecedented rise in the number of cybersecurity attacks on small and medium sized businesses. In this workshop presentation, we will discuss today’s main cyber threats, and share some simple things you can do to protect your business from these threats.
In this session we will:
- Explain why cybersecurity is so important in today’s business world.
- Show you what a ransomware attack looks like.
- Discuss how you can protect your business.
- Demonstrate 5 things you can do to improve your cybersecurity.
Did you know?
- There were 1.8 million Computer misuse offenses (which includes fraudsters hacking or using computer viruses or malware to disrupt services, obtain information illegally or extort individuals or organizations) in 2020/21 – however the true figures are likely to be much higher, as many cases are not reported.
- The latest statistics show that 37% of organisations were hit by ransomware over the past 12months.
- Of these, the construction industry was the worst hit, followed by manufacturing and finance.
- The average ransom payment is over $142,000 (£105,000).
- The most common ransom payment is $10,000 (£7,400).
- Fewer than one in 10 (8%) manage to get back all of their data after paying the ransom.
- 45 million people in the UK have been targeted by phone or text scammers in the past 3 months.
- Mobile network EE blocked 18,000 sim cards used for fraud during that time.