Webinar: The Technical Side of Privacy
Ian Braysher, Founder and Managing Director of Eye Bray, will be running a workshop on how to ensure your business adheres to data protection legislation and stays safe from a technological perspective. Many businesses are still struggling to update their systems and processes to come in line with the new laws. This workshop will help you get a better idea of what you need to do.
Data protection is a series of legislation – not just one law. It covers every aspect of your business, not just technology, but in this session the focus will be on how to make sure your business is secure tech-wise.
In this session Ian will to explore:
- What you need to know about data protection.
- Where Technology starts and what it encompasses.
- How to recognize when things go wrong.
- How to react should things go wrong.
- What you can do as preparation.
Some lesser known facts:
- On average 88 million data sets are stolen every month (during lockdown 1 it peaked at over 8 billion).
- It has been reported that over 60% of small businesses that suffer a data breach fail within 2 years of it happening.
- According to those that look at even more analytics than I do, on average it takes more than 200 days to know that you have been hacked.