The Pitch@Palace and Launchpad Centre Startup Competition aims to stimulate and unleash the spirit of entrepreneurship among aspiring and existing entrepreneurs.
The purpose of this event is to provide local entrepreneurs with an opportunity to find out more about the Pitch@Palace. Selected entrepreneurs will get to hear first-hand from the Duke of York, the details of the programme and his aspirations for the winners and then have the opportunity to get feedback from alumni and entrepreneurs on developing their pitch. The main goal is to prepare the teams for a successful application at the main Pitch@Palace 8.0 competition.
Target Audience: Entrepreneur(s) with new or existing businesses in the manufacturing, engineering, technology, intelligent transport or specialist construction sectors.
Applications open: 1st June 2017
1st Pitching & Mentoring Event: 28th June at CEME Launchpad Centre with HRH Prince Andrew Duke of York
Deadline for Submissions: Please submit by June 22nd 2017. Applications beyond the specified will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the end of 2017 for further pitching and mentoring events.
Location: The CEME Launchpad Centre is the new high spec, affordable workspace for Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology (MET) sector businesses in East London. Designed to nurture and grow young businesses, Launchpad’s focus is bringing companies together and helping them survive and thrive through their formative years. Supported by The Mayor of London and Havering Council, the project is an exciting and innovative development for London Riverside.
Submission Next Steps & Evaluation Criteria: Please contact Georgi Georgiev, CEME’s Resident Entrepreneur on 020 8596 7067 or by email at email@example.com Please write one paragraph with short info about your team, business/idea and why you wish to participate.
We highly encourage new and young entrepreneurs to take part. You are not required to be a revenue producing venture to apply.
The criteria to focus your application on are:
- The business idea – fit with MET and other existing business
- The product and services – description, impact, market need
Prizes for 10 Winners: Received submissions will be screened based on the above criteria. The top 10 submissions will win the following package from The CEME Launchpad Centre:
- Opportunity to pitch and be mentored at an event at CEME on 28th June
- A chance to pitch your business idea at St James’s Palace in future rounds
- 6 months of free co-working space at the brand new, state-of-the-art CEME Launchpad Centre for up to 2 members of the company
- Increased visibility for their start-up and networking opportunities
- Dedicated business support, counselling and mentoring from CEME’s Resident Entrepreneur for a period of 6 months
- Access to our investors network
- Access to top events and seminars
- The opportunity to be surrounded by like-minded early stage businesses
Please contact Georgi Georgiev, CEME’s Resident Entrepreneur, for application on 020 8596 7067 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please visit www.cemelaunchpad.co.uk or http://pitchatpalace.com/.